> Random NFL Thoughts on Week 2
Random NFL Thoughts on Week 2
- Braylon Edwards should not play this week. I know the Jets are 1-1 and this is a huge game but a DWI and he plays? He had twice the legal limit in his body. The guy should be in the press box.
- To top it off Edwards is a major D-bag on the field as well. That taunting penalty and the one that should’ve been called later in the game were strictly bush league. What bothered me even more was Grimace Ryan calling him out for it. Grimace, you set the stage for that type of bravado. Reap what you sow. Perhaps if you led with your brain instead of your gut you would set a better tone and example.
- I am really bad at predicting games. Too much feeling goes into my picks. Sometimes it works ( picking against he must not be named QB1 of the Vikings) other times it does not (picking against blustering coaches Grimace and McDaniels). The thing is I had to hold my nose rooting for both Belicheat and the former USC ATM Machine. Joe over at The Altered States of Munley is going to run away with it if I can’t get the Sith out of my picks.
- I am all for protecting Quarterbacks, but those calls on the Ravens last week were a joke. There is such a thing as over-sanitizing your product Commish. Now I am backing Ray Lewis, could be a sign of impending apocalypse.
- I am rooting for Michael Vick off the field. I hope he has changed. It will be interesting to see what changes he has to his demeanor and attitude if he continues to play like Madden 2004 Vick. I love dogs, what he did was wrong. But I love a great redemption story as well. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.
- How about them Cowboys? Jimmy’s face seemed especially tight on Sunday.
- How nice must it be to be a Steelers fan. If only I grew up in Western PA. What a charmed NFL Fan life.