Wow, so I went 1-3 in my pick em extension against Joe Munley over at “The Altered States of Munley”. He increased his lead by 2 games and I need a huge 4-0 next weekend to have a shot at the season crown. On the plus side my .250 average would get me a Mike Gallego job if I had a decent glove at 2nd, short and the hot corner.
- The Marshawn Lynch run in the Seahawks stunning win over Saints was amazing. We saw echoes of that when he suited up for the Bills, but nothing like that.
- Maybe Saints fans can find their way back to reality now. You would think the Saints have been perennial contender for their entire history rather than regular doormats. They won a Super Bowl, great. But when Ricky Jackson slurred and stammered his way through his Hall of Fame speech talking about how Saints owner Tom Benson, who spent the better part of his tenure sleepwalking through each NFL season, should be there because they won it all I had to laugh and cry. It was funny at how biased Jackson’s logic was, and it was sad that his speech was so rambling and ill prepared.
- Why Rex? Why must you be such an ahole and make me root for Tom Brady?
- Darrell Revis gets away with more jostling and interference then any corner I can think of in recent memory. I guess grabbing Reggie Wayne’s jersey 8 yards down field is not a penalty when you are an island.
- Am I the only one who thinks that Colts head coach Jim Caldwell looks clueless whenever they cut to a shot of him on the sidelines? This may be unfair to him based on cutaway shots but his Colts teams have been badly outplayed and out-schemed in the last two second halves they have played in the post-season.
- I don’t know how you can love football and not be a fan of the way that Ray Lewis plays the game. I loathe the Ravens, but for a linebacker 14 years in to make plays the way he does is amazing.
- So Jamaal Charles gains over 1400 yards, scores your only TD of the game and you give him the ball 9 times Todd Haley? What were you thinking? I know he fumbled, and that hurt, but he, Thomas Jones and the running games were the keys to you being where you are. 19 total carries for the game was never going to get it done against the Ravens.
- James Starks, I knew he has it in him. Well maybe not that much “it” but I always like the way the UB product ran the ball. He ran for a Packer rookie playoff record123 yards. Pre-Spiller at 9, I had him on the radar for a late round pick for the Red, White and Blue.
- I know I am biased on this one but formerly disgruntled former Bill Jason Peters really tied that offensive line together for the Eagles yesterday, did he not?