For What it’s Worth, I will not waste my time going through the schedules picking apart each game trying to factor in injuries that have not occurred yet if they will at all. So does it matter who I think will win the KC – STL matchup in week 15? No, but I will take K.C.; this is more a broadstrokes take on how I see the 2010 NFL season, NFC style.
1. San Francisco – I love Mike Singletary. I had him coaching my teams many times in Madden before the NFL and 49ers ever thought about hiring him. They look to be the best team in a weak division, in spite of their QB1.
2. Seattle – Now that Pete Carroll can have money out in the open imagine what he can do.
3. Arizona – Subtract the QB of the offense ( Warner) and of the defense (Dansby) and you have the makings of a long year in the desert.
4. St. Louis – Too many holes, but they look to be turning the corner, Ronnie.
1. Green Bay – I am a huge Aaron Rogers fan and love the linebackers on the squad.
2. Minnesota – Still a strong contender but I think the Favre drama hurts the team in the long run.
3. Detroit – They look to be on the way up every since they ditched all that dead weight in the front office. I love their last two drafts.
4. Chicago – Can Urlacher stay healthy? No A.C. Green in either chastity nor toughness; he is like the NFL’s version of T-Mac. Who is Cutler going to throw to?
1. Atlanta – It is hard to bet against history, this division does not like repeat champs. I love Matt Ryan, damn I wish he were a Bill.
2. New Orleans – I am not a fan of all the character guys they let go but they are still plenty dangerous, especially on Offense. The defense will have a hard time with a repeat performance, especially with Darren Sharper being out for six weeks. I am pulling for them though, Brees is my starting QB for Davie Hogan’s Blueberries.
3. Carolina – I am huge John Fox guy but I can’t see him coaching up his guys to pass the two above teams.
4. Tampa Bay – You will be relevant again when you go back to the Creamsicle’s full time.
1. Dallas – I hate them, I hate Jerry Jones stretched out Ad’har Ru’afo-like face. Click on the link, you know you want to, and it is safe. Still they look dangerous, in spite of Wade Phillips.
2. New York – Another team I hate, but I love their D, especially with Keith Bulluck on the inside. If they return to power football and give the call to Bradshaw more than they do Jacobs they could be dangerous.
3. Washington – I really love what Mike Shanahan is doing with Big Al. Make him suffer Mike, I think you won over your team by making him earn his playing time. I think that along with Donovan’s spite will get you progress in a tough division.
4. Philadelphia – I am not a believer in Kevin Kolb. I think the Eagles made a huge mistake trading McNabb and giving the reins to the kid. It reminds me of what happened when they failed to resign Darren Sharper last year. Like Quintin Demps replacing Sharper before him I see Kolb falling on his face and with him the whole unit taking a step back. I know Kolb looked good in relief appearances last year, but I think it was fool’s gold; call it the Rob Johnson Effect. I think this one will cost Andy Reid his job.
Wild Card Teams: Minnesota and New Orleans
NFC Champ: New Orleans